Applications / Permits


All rezoning, special exception, and variance requests have forms that must be completed prior to the request being considered by a board or commission. Failure to meet the deadline may delay your project at least one month.

Documents to Download

  • Home Occupation Permit - A home occupation is a business which is operating out of a residential structure. The below application is required to be completed by the applicant / owner of the business or home. After it is completed it must be submitted to the Community Development Department for review and approval prior to establishment of the business. These types of businesses are also required to receive and maintain a business license issued by the Commissioner of Revenue. The first step in the process is getting the home occupation permit approved by Community Development.
  • Rezoning Application
  • Sign Permit Application
  • Special Exception Application
  • Zoning Variance Application

Subdivision Plat Checklists

Although no application form is required for subdivision plats, the checklists offered below will be of assistance to the design professional as well as the property owner or developer. Staff members use these checklists to ascertain that plats conform to the code requirements.