Treasurer's Office Job Openings
DEPUTY TREASURER BOOKKEEPER/CASHIER
EMAIL RESUME TO: email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:15 to 5:15
The City of Bristol, Virginia is seeking applications for Deputy Treasurer position. Deputy Treasurer report directly to the Treasurer. Performs various functions within the City Treasurer’s office, which relate to maintaining the City’s collection of revenue and financial documents. Includes, but not limited to serving taxpayers in person, by telephone and through written correspondence, preparing financial reports, account reconciliations, posting revenue to the general ledger, safeguarding documents, and performing various other tasks as assigned within the department. Excellent benefits package includes participation in the Virginia Retirement System, vacation, sick leave, life, health and dental insurance.
This is light work subject to inside environmental conditions. Work requires stooping, bending, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling and lifting 25 pounds. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work and observing general surroundings and activities.
Successful candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree preferably in accounting. Three to five years of accounting experience. One year cashier experience serving the general public. Position open until filled. EOE. Submit resume with salary requirement.
- Serves taxpayers by providing professional, courteous and accurate tax information.
- Posts tax payments and other City revenue.
- Balances cash drawer and prepares bank deposit.
- Reconciles and maintains various bank accounts.
- Produces monthly financial reports.
- Prepares various reports for state and federal reporting requirements.
- Compiles and assembles permanent records to be used for internal and external auditors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide superior customer service and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possess background in accounting principles and application.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to create and maintain multi page Excel spreadsheets with formulas.
- Possess strong planning, organization, analytical and team skills.
- Proficiency in personal PC, mainframe applications and 10 key adding machine.
- Ability to interface with various departments within the City.
- Ability to work independently with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Appointee must pass a criminal background check, drug screen and credit bureau check.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years experience working in accounting.
- One year cashier experience.
- Combination of education and experience considered.
Licenses/Certificates or Other Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License.