Treasurer's Office Job Openings
FULL TIME BOOKKEEPER-CASHIER $15.50 per hour
Monday through Friday 8:15 to 5:15
EMAIL RESUME TO: email@example.com
An entry level Deputy Treasurer serves taxpayers in person, by telephone and in writing. Successful candidate will have bookkeeping experience and the ability to create excel spreadsheets. A Deputy Treasurer performs statutory duties and other duties as assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to receipt and disbursement of City money, collection of taxes and reconciling accounts. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A college degree in accounting is preferred.
- Cashier experience with responsibility for balancing daily cash drawer.
- Proficient skill level of Excel, Word and 10 key adding machine.
- 1-year general filing and office experience.
- Manual bank statement reconciliation experience
- Must pass a criminal background check, drug screen and credit bureau check.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, providing personal, friendly customer service.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping.
- Must be able to sit and stand for an 8 hour shift and to use fingers and hands to operate equipment.
- Vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus from printed documents to the computer screen.
- Ability to work independently with accuracy and conformity to established procedures and policies.
- Post to AS400: cash and check payments, account transfers, wire transfers and direct deposits.
- Run report and reconcile daily receivables to the general ledger report.
- Complete bank deposits for each account.
- Address taxpayer complaints and resolve problems in accordance with state codes.
- Reconcile expenditures using the 10 key adding machine to produce an adding machine tape that balances to computer generated reports.
- Update monthly reports using excel spreadsheets.
- Write letters to taxpayers and provide tax account summary documents.
- Compile and assemble permanent records to be used for internal and external auditors.
- Keep all office and work related information and material confidential.
- Monday through Friday 8:15 to 5:15. City of Bristol, Virginia Treasurer’s Office
- Must maintain regular and predictable attendance, very limited absences are acceptable; the Treasurer’s office does not close for snow.
- Time off requires advance approval. Time off is not approved during tax collection due dates or report deadlines.