News Flash Home
The original item was published from 4/23/2020 3:19:33 PM to 5/31/2020 12:00:03 AM.
Home - Spotlights
Posted on: April 23, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Meeting procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Staff and council members will be spaced a minimum of six feet apart in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Council members may elect to join the meeting via conference call as allowable by Emergency Ordinance 20-1. Additionally, members of the public will be limited to ten attendees in order to maintain appropriate social distance in Council Chambers. Hand sanitizer will be available, and the room will be disinfected before and after any meetings.
- We continue to encourage public participation in council meetings, but will provide additional opportunities for citizen input without attending the meeting in person. Citizens are encouraged to view the meeting agenda online at https://www.bristolva.org/607/Agenda-Center. Citizens may provide public comment by contacting the City Clerk no later than 4pm the day of the meeting. Public comment may be provided by email to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (276) 645-7333. All comments will be read at the meeting and entered into the permanent meeting record.
- All meetings will be livestreamed and available at the following link: https://www.bristolva.org/533/BVTV.
- All citizens and members of City Council and city staff must have their temperature taken before entering Council Chambers. This will begin 15 minutes before the meeting start time and will end 15 minutes after the meeting begins. If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the meeting begins and you are unable to have your temperature taken, you will not be admitted to Council Chambers.
- If you have any questions about upcoming meetings and how you can participate, please contact the City Clerk at (276) 645-7333 or Nicole.email@example.com.